Can Pinterest help your Business?
Pinterest is one of the fastest growing social networking services, coming third in popularity behind the social media giants that are Facebook and Twitter, but it may not be the first thing that springs to mind when considering ways of marketing your business. Here are a few reasons you should consider making a Pinterest account for your company:
- Pinterest is a great way to showcase your products. But don’t get too carried away with advertising messages… just show off your product in some great photos, tag them in the appropriate category and let them speak for themselves!
- If you don’t have “products” per se, Pinterest is easy to use as a portfolio of your recent work (just like we’ve done!).
- A great way to encourage interaction from your customer base is to ask them to submit photos of themselves – driving in the car you’ve sold them, wearing your jewellery etc. You can even turn this into a competition – the most “re-pins” is the winner!
- Your Pinterest account can be used in a similar way to Facebook’s Timeline profile. Try creating a board of images that are a “blast from the past” documenting the rise of your business. Your customers will really feel like they know everything they need to know.
- Pictures from behind the scenes of your business, and photos of all of your staff hard at work, will make a personal impression on anyone that stumbles across your Pinterest account.
- Re-pin and “like” relevant images across the whole of Pinterest – it’s a great way of networking and helping people find your business naturally. Plus you might find some great business inspiration!